At Independent Institute we have an exciting opportunity for SACE students from Semester Two – Certificate II in Agriculture – AHC20110 !
The Certificate II in Agriculture AHC20110 can be tailored to suit student needs and career direction:
- Tailored as an introduction to horticulture and the Australian Agricultural industry
- Tailored as an introduction to viticulture and the Australian Agricultural industry
- Tailored as an introduction to livestock and the Australian Agricultural industry
We have experience with special needs students and mainstream classes. Training can be conducted on-site at your school or alternatively we have an AgriFood Skill Centre located in Salisbury should your students wish to study off-site.
This qualification is currently funded through the SA Governments TGSS WorkReady initiative.
Eligibility criteria is as follows for students wishing to apply for TGSS WorkReady funding:
- Students will need to attend an enrolment session and a foundation skills assessment prior to acceptance in the qualification.
- Be aged 16 years or over
- Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Resident or on an approved VISA.
- Genuinely interested in the Food/Agriculture industry (students need to persuasively answer a series of questions in their interview)
- Be on a SACE or modified SACE pathway (this includes FLO and iCan students)
- Be willing to undertake 140 hours of vocational placement as part of the full qualification (up to 40 hours credit can be given from past experience)
- Has undertaken career development activities to contribute to their choices, and is looking to pursue the Food/Agriculture industry beyond high school
- Has undertaken past related training, work placement, volunteer work/community activities or paid work that is related to the training.
The only cost for students who are eligible for TGSS WorkReady funding is a $135 incidental fee for Agriculture (PPE – Shirt, boots, gloves & a hat).
Should a student be in-eligible or your school does not wish to go through the funded option the total course costs are as follows:
AHC20110 Certificate II in Agriculture – $2400/student
The qualification also contributes towards a student’s SACE credits. For agriculture the range is 45-85, based on what the student successfully completes.
Generally, the qualification is studied 1 day per week over a Semester.
For further information or to register your interest, please contact us on
< Certificate II in Food Processing - Available for SACE Students! Murraylands Careers Expo >