Certificate II in Retail Baking Assistance
This Qualification covers the retail baking specialisation within the food processing industry.
The Certificate II in Retail Baking Assistance targets those working within a retail baking environments undertaking non-trade related work or working as a trade assistant. This Qualification is designed for application in supervised environments where the work is primarily predictable with some basic problem solving requirements. Typically this role would include some predetermined, routine baking functions with customer service and general preparation and cleaning skills.
Pathways into the Qualification
Pathways for candidates considering this Qualification include:
- FDF10111 Certificate I in Food Processing
- direct entry
- limited vocational training and/or work experience.
Pathways from the Qualification
After achieving this Qualification, candidates may undertake FDF30510 Certificate III in Retail Baking (Cake and Pastry), FDF30610 Certificate III in Retail Baking (Bread) or FDF30710 Certificate III in Retail Baking (Combined).
This Qualification requires the achievement of thirteen (13 ) Units of Competency in accordance with the following rules.
Total Units must include a minimum of eight (8 ) Units coded FDF .
Eight (8 ) Core Units
Five (5 ) Elective Units
Elective selection must include :
- Three (3) Group A elective Units
Two (2 ) remaining elective Units may be selected from :
- Group A elective Units below, not previously selected
- Units from this Training Package, any other nationally endorsed Training Package and accredited course that are packaged at Certificate I level (maximum 1 Unit) Certificate II level, and Certificate III level (maximum 1 Unit)
NOTE: Units marked with an asterisk (*) require completion of prerequisite Unit/s which is identified under the Unit.