Certificate II in Food Processing
This Qualification covers a range of food processing industries, such as:
- Grain processing (including stockfeed, animal feeds, milling wheat, barley, oats and flour milling)
- Baking (including large scale production of cakes, pastry, bread, biscuits and plant baking)
- Beverages (including juices, soft drinks, cordials, aerated and still waters, energy drinks and other modified beverages, such as vitamin and antioxidant beverages, coffee, tea and ice)
- Dairy processing
- Fruit and vegetables
- Grocery products and supplies (including honey, jams, spreads, sauces, dressings, condiments, spices, edible oils and fats and pasta)
The Certificate II in Food Processing targets those working within a production or production support role, for example, packaging, machine operations and bottling. This Qualification is designed for application in supervised environments where the work is predictable with some basic problem solving requirements.
Pathways into the Qualification
Pathways for candidates considering this Qualification include:
- FDF10110 Certificate I in Food Processing
- direct entry
- limited vocational training and/or work experience.
Pathways from the Qualification
After achieving this Qualification, candidates may undertake the FDF30110 Certificate III in Food Processing with an industry specialisation according to the needs of the enterprise and higher level job functions, FDF30810 Certificate III in Plant Baking or FDF30310 Certificate III in Food Processing (Sales) or any other suitable Qualification.
This Qualification requires the achievement of thirteen (13 ) Units of Competency in accordance with the following rules.
Total Units must include a minimum of eight (8 ) Units coded FDF .
Five (5 ) Core Units
Eight (8 ) Elective Units
Elective selection must include :
- Five (5) Group A elective Units
Three (3 ) remaining elective Units may be selected from :
- Group A elective Units below, not previously selected
- Group B elective Units
- A maximum of two (2) Units from this Training Package, other endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses that are packaged at Certificate I level (maximum 1 Unit), Certificate II level (maximum 2 Units) and Certificate III level (maximum 1 Unit)
NOTE: Units marked with an asterisk (*) require completion of prerequisite Unit/s which is identified under the Unit.