Certificate III in Food Processing
This qualification covers a range of food processing industries, such as:
- Grain processing (including stock feed, animal feeds, milling wheat, barley, oats and flour milling)
- Beverages (including juices, soft drinks, cordials, aerated and still waters, energy drinks and other modified beverages such as vitamin and antioxidant beverages, coffee, tea and ice)
- Dairy processing
- Fruit and vegetables
- Grocery products and supplies (including honey, jams, spreads, sauces, dressings, condiments, spices, edible oils and fats and pasta)
Job Roles The Certificate III in Food Processing targets those performing production related roles that require an application of industry specific skills and knowledge, including some technical and problem solving ability. This qualification caters for multi-skilled outcomes and roles that include team leader functions within the production environment.
Pathways into the qualification Pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- FDF20111 Certificate II in Food Processing
- direct entry
- relevant vocational training and/or work experience
Pathways from the qualification After achieving this qualification, candidates may undertake the FDF40110 Certificate IV in Food Processing or FDF41007 Certificate IV in Food Safety Auditing, other food processing related qualifications or any other suitable qualification.
Completion of seventeen (17) units made up of:
Five (5) core units and twelve (12) elective units. Total units must include a minimum of ten (10) units coded FDF.
NOTE: Units marked with an asterisk (*) require completion of prerequisite unit/s which is identified under the unit.