Certificate III in Retail Baking (Cake and Pastry)
This Qualification covers the retail baking - cake and pastry specialisation within the food processing industry.
The Certificate III in Retail Baking (Cake and Pastry) provides trade baking skills and knowledge for those working in a retail baking environment with a focus on cakes and pastry.
Pathways into the Qualification
Pathways for candidates considering this Qualification include:
- FDF20510 Certificate II in Retail Baking Assistance
- direct entry
- relevant vocational training and/or work experience.
Pathways from the Qualification
After achieving this Qualification, candidates may undertake FDF40110 Certificate IV in Food Processing or other suitable Certificate IV Qualifications.
This Qualification requires the achievement of sixteen (16 ) Units of Competency in accordance with the following rules.
Thirteen (13 ) Core Units
Three (3 ) Elective Units
Elective selection must include :
- One (1) Group A elective Unit
Two (2 ) remaining elective Units may be selected from :
- Group A elective Units below, not previously selected
- Units packaged at Group A in FDF20510 Certificate II in Retail Baking Assistance
- Units packaged at FDF40110 Certificate IV in Food Processing (maximum of 1)
- Units from any nationally endorsed Training Package and accredited course that are packaged at Certificate I level (maximum 1 Unit), Certificate II level (maximum 1 Unit) and Certificate III level
NOTE: Units marked with an asterisk (*) require completion of prerequisite Unit/s which is identified under the Unit.